From Graham Seibert:
“The information fallout from the liberation of Bucha, Irpin and Gostomel, all near Kyiv continues.
· Russia’s Ministry of Defense issued a statement regarding mass murders in Bucha. The statement says that not one civilian was harmed while Bucha was occupied by Russian forces. The photo evidence now on display is fake and or staged and is a provocation. Last night, Russia called an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council to discuss the “atrocities” allegedly committed by Ukraine.
· A photo archive of Ukrainian and international journalists https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1-3_RECcAKk5LftVIvGoD6Z8-_9dLJYCa
An example, one of many:
· Maxar technologies, https://www.maxar.com/, an integrated satellite technology company provided actionable information on the mass grave in Bucha. The company showed that the grave was prepared on March 10, a week after Bucha was occupied.
· Witnesses in Irpin have come forward saying that Russians shot women and girls and then drove tanks over the bodies.
· 410 bodies have been taken from the area, on which 140 forensic autopsies have been completed according to Ukraine’s prosecutor general.
· Children’s bodies recovered from the area have their hands tied behind their backs.
· Residents are coming forward showing Ukrainian forces burial sites in their yards of family members shot by Russians.
· The EU is preparing a sixth round of sanctions as a result of the massacre.
· Poland and the three Baltic states plan to cut off all contact with Belarus and Russia within 72 hours.
Vasylkov in Kyiv Oblast, site of a Ukrainian school for aviation and air defense technicians, was hit by a rocket. No damage or deaths are reported.
The mayor of Chernihiv reported that 70% of the civilian infrastructure in the city has been destroyed. The biggest problem is to survival. He is also concerned by the fact that Russia is maintaining a large military presence in Belarus. Chernihiv is 20 km from the Belarus border.
The village from Zamhalsko village in Chernihiv Oblast was liberated from ten days of Russian cativity. He recounted his torture he underwent in his captors efforts to identify Ukrainian activists in his community.
Ukrainian armed forces opened a route into Chernihiv and the first humanitarian aid convoy arrived there today.
Kharkiv continues to be partially encircled by Russian forces. Yesterday shelling of Kharkiv’s Slobodska neighborhood resulted in four damaged buildings, seven killed and 34 wounded. Three children were wounded.
Russian forces lost an armored personnel carrier in a village north of Kharkiv to Ukrainian forces, who liquidated three soldiers in the ambush. Upon its capture villagers came forth and identified personal property in the carrier. The property consisted of notebooks, cash, blinds, shoes, clothes and food.”
There have been 400 bodies of murdered civilians found so far in Bucha, a suburb of Ky’iv, so far, and Bucha is not an isolated incident, either. And while 10 or 20 murdered civilians may be just a sign of poorly trained and badly disciplined troops, 400 deliberately and savagely killed in one small town alone - given the top down control of the Russian military, that was a policy decision. These people were shot down walking on the sidewalk, riding a bike, stepping out in their yards - posing no conceivable threat. This atrocity reduces the possibility of any sort of ceasefire to zero, if civilian populations are being killed off, Einsatzgruppen style. If I were a civilian, I'd kill as many Russians as I could, peace deal or no peace deal, since they're an existential threat, and keep going until they were entirely driven out or killed. This has effectively added the entire civilian population to combatant status, like it or not, and I’m for arming each and every one of the population who can shoulder a rifle, bolt action or semi-auto with a good scope, aim it, and shoot it and hit a target - and give them sufficient ammo to finish the task - plus anti-tank and anti-aircraft weaponry. And now that Putin’s intent is transparently clear, and his means for doing so being infamous and dishonorable, the Ukrainians should be supplied with the Russian aircraft and tanks currently held by countries outside of Ukraine. And it might be a really good idea for Ukraine and Moldova to retake Transnistria, and deny it to the Russians as a staging area.
By the way, if this was done by Ukraine:
Good shooting, there needs to be more of it…
And apparently this one didn’t get emailed out…